- Anthony, Joseph. (1997) The Dandelion Seed. Dawn Publications – Illustrated by Chris Arbo
- Dorion, Leah. (2011). Relatives with roots. Saskatoon, SK: Gabriel Dumont Institute.
- Dr. Seuss. (1999). The Lorax. New York: Random House. [*accompanied by this recommended reading for teachers: Pleasants, K. (2006). Does Environmental Education Need a Thneed? Displacing The Lorax as Environmental Text. Canadian Journal of Environmental Education, 11, 179 – 194]
- Kelsey, Elin. (2012). You Are Stardust Toronto: Owlkids Books, Inc. – Artwork by Soyeon Kim
- McLimans, David. (2011). Big Turtle. New York: Walker Publishing Company, Inc.
- Hutts-Aston, Dianne. (2007). A Seed is Sleepy. – Illustrated by Sylvia Long
- Kelsey, Elin. (2010). Not your typical book about the environment. Toronto: Owlkids Books Inc.- Illustrated by Clayton Hanmer. [Note: likely appropriate for grades 4-7]
Older Youth and Adult Fiction: